As many of you know, our Direct Output Service is the most economical and quickest way to get your photographic printing. If you print lots of smaller sizes (4×5, 4×6, 5×7), you may want to try something like this on one 8×10 sheet…
- Adjust your file to the way you would like (retouching, colour & density correcting, etc)
- Create a new file sized to 8×10 inches at 200 dpi.
- Go back to your image and crop as needed (for this example, 5×7 at 200 dpi)
- Select All (ctrl or apple A)
- Copy (ctrl or apple C)
- Back to the blank canvas and Paste! (crtl or apple V)
- Paste again!
- Now arrange the two images as illustrated below.
- Flatten everything and “Save As”
If you are using other sizes (4×5, 4×6, etc), you will need to go back to your original image, undo your crop (ctrl or apple Z) until you get back to the uncropped image.
- Then change your cropping tool to the correct size and crop away!
- Take the new cropped image, Select All, Copy and Paste!
- Arrange the images as needed.
- Flatten and “Save As”
When you get your prints back, they will need to be trimmed, remember, use a good quality trimmer, like the Rotatrim.
You can always use a larger canvas size, but keep in mind you will probably be trimming these, so think about the best way to trim… Keep it simple!